Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare[_4_] Michael Chare[_4_] is offline

Default What freezer for garage

On 11/12/2018 13:12, charles wrote:
In article ,
Michael Chare wrote:
On 10/12/2018 10:34, NY wrote:

It always seems perverse that when you go away on holiday
in winter you have to keep the heating on low to keep warm an object
that is designed to keep things cold.

I have lived in happy ignorance of this problem. If the temperature
falls to low for my fridge/freezer to work would it use corresponding
less electricity?

yes, but not enough to stop the contents of the freezer starting tothaw.

It does appear to be more of a problem for appliance with only one
thermostat. I will find out next week, I will be away from home but I
will know the temperature and the house power consumption.

--
Michael Chare