Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Hayter[_2_] Roger Hayter[_2_] is offline

Default What freezer for garage

Max Demian wrote:

On 11/12/2018 16:11, RJH wrote:
On 11/12/2018 15:24, Martin Brown wrote:

I recall once asking a salesman in an electric goods shop the
difference in functionality between two models which looked to me
superficially the same but for radically different prices. His answer
"the model number".

Overheard a shopper ask the Tesco fishmonger (well, dressed as one)
'What's the best way to cook this'. Reply: 'However you like'.

That's all right if the shopper wants to know whether to fry, bake,
steam, grill, poach &c.

I think s/he meant to ask, "*How* should I cook this fish?"

You've got to ask the right question.

It's rather like the people who, invited to answer a technical question
about an item on Amazon, reply along the lines of "I haven't the
slightest Ides" or "I don't know because mine was broken and I sent it
back" not realising the answers are only wanted from people who at least
believe that they know. Clearly the shop assistant should have
answered that he or she didn't normally work there and unfortunately
didn't have a recommendation.

--

Roger Hayter