Posted to sci.electronics.repair
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default Type of wire to use for shielded test lead....

On Sunday, December 9, 2018 at 9:02:42 AM UTC-8, Ron D. wrote:
On Sunday, December 9, 2018 at 12:00:36 PM UTC-5, Ron D. wrote:
I had an EICO FET TVM. I still have it. ...
I doubt the cabeling matters and RG-58 would probably suffice.

You can get RG174 and other cable by th foot. e.g. https://www.showmecables.com/bulk-rg...-26-awg-per-ft

The center conductor on RG174 is flimsy, RG-58 or RG-59 are somewhat more
mechanically robust (but the insulation will have to be replaced, or spliced to a few inches
of more flexible wire). For any non-RF work, microphone cable (shielded pair) might
also be useful.