Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Fine pitch trace repair

On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 09:06:52 -0800 (PST), three_jeeps
wrote:

On Saturday, December 8, 2018 at 11:43:27 PM UTC-5, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Sat, 8 Dec 2018 13:13:26 -0500, Ralph Mowery
Also, I have a few of these borescope or endoscope cameras in 8mm:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/8mm-WIFI-Endoscope-Borescope-Inspection-camera-Scope-Tube-Waterproof-for-Iphone/192130852197
I use them mostly for looking down holes, tubing, and hard to see
places. The 8mm flavor has 640x480 native resolution, which is much
better than the lower resolution found in the smaller diameters. There
are also version with a "stiff" cable, which I've found quite useful.
However, the apps all suck, the construction marginal, the Hi-Fi and
BT versions are buggy, but for the price, all this can be tolerated.

I've used a few similar borescopes...the resolution of 640x480 is OK
for seeing what is there but beyond that, fairly useless. The image
distortion bothered me quite a bit as well.
Having said that, do you know of any produce with a higher resolution
and better app?

Unfortunately, I'm going to have a high resolution endoscope used on a
very sensitive part of my anatomy tomorrow at the local surgery
center. I might ask the doctor for his favorite model, but suspect
he'll ignore me claiming that I'm drugged or delirious.

This looks fishy, but might be for real. 9mm dia (instead of the
usual 8mm) and 2megapixels in 1600x1200 with a 1/6th inch imager.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=0XR-00BA-00024

Compare with the real thing (for $4,000 and up):
https://www.stryker.com/us/en/endoscopy.html
https://www.stryker.com/us/en/portfolios/medical-surgical-equipment/surgical-visualization.html

I've found the Android and iPhone imaging software to be dismal or
worse. All that I've tried will crash with the slightest provocation.
Accidentally disconnecting the camera for even milliseconds often
requires a forced reboot. I have this bookmarked for later testing.
Might be worth trying:
http://www.oasisscientific.com/downloads.html

Incidentally, the best high resolution photos I've done were with a
commodity digital camera, junkbox optics, and a commercial endoscope.
I make the adapter out of plastic plumbing parts turned down to size
on my drill press. Ugly, but amazingly useful. Something bolted onto
a smartphone might produce decent results:
https://www.endoscope-i.com

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D