Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default When I turn on my light on my ceiling fan, I blow a fuse

On Monday, December 10, 2018 at 1:44:06 PM UTC-5, J-Diddy wrote:
When I turn on my light on my ceiling fan, I blow a fuse. When turning on the
fan alone, all is well. It is only when I turn on the light (seperate switch)
that the fuse blows. Also, we have had this ceiling fan / light for about 10
years and this issue only just started happening this week.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...e-1182160-.htm

Sounds like there is a short. Did you try removing the bulb and see
what happens? I've seen bulbs trip a breaker when they blow. I've
never seen one where it wound up a permanent short, but it may be
possible.