LBaker

Default Custom shower construction

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
I would be interested in where you got the information. I am thinking
of a project like this, but have too little information at this time.

I would also be interested in how your project turns out.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"sk" wrote in message
m...
I am planning on building a custom shower in my bathroom which will
utilize a PVC/CPE membrane under a multi layer mortar/wire fabric
floor. The plans I have detailing the construction of this floor seem
pretty straight forward with some of the gottcha's being maintaining
the integrity of the PVC/CPE membrane and working in enough of a slope
in the floor to eliminate standing water (Lets not forget the
integrity of the seem where the floor and wall meet).

Are there any other high points I should focus on? Or if you have any
experience in constructing custom Tile showers what advice would you
give? Are there any other products which work better/last longer than
a PVC/CPE membrane? Is a 2x4 stack (two 2x's nailed together) with a
wire mesh and mortar covering be sufficient for the curb or would a
single poured quick crete (concrete) type of curb be best (keeping in
mind that I plan on constructing a glass block wall on the curb)

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

sk

Wealth of info.