Posted to uk.d-i-y
RobH RobH is offline

Default What freezer for garage

We have a totally separate, from the house, garage, and want to put a
freezer in it.
One place we looked around , the guy told us that upright freezers don't
do so well in garages if it gets very cold, like minus 4 or 5C. He said
it was the compressor which breaks down if it is not covered over or
insulated, and this doesn't happen with chest freezers.

Is there any truth in that , as we know a few people who have either
upright freezers or fridges in their garages.

Probably the coldest temperature I have know here in the last 20 years
is about -9 in 2010, and regularly get down to -4 or -5C in the winter.

Any do's or don'ts , or even recommendations.

Thanks