Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Fox's Mercantile Fox's Mercantile is offline

Default HP54825A Infinium scope

The motherboard in the 54825 died, so I bought a 54845A as a
replacement.
I'd forgotten what a cluster **** it was dealing with Windows
98.
After a bit of the usual flailing around, I upgraded to
Windows 98 Second Edition and upgraded the USB drivers, nice,
I can mount an external USB hard drive now.
I also installed the drivers for an HP LaserJet 1200 printer
so I can click the print button on the screen.
Next trick is to use this:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/271563447023
to mount the 8 Gig SSD in a Dell PC chassis so I can load
Windows XP on it, then do the HP Infiniium XP upgrade.
https://docplayer.net/6691001-Infiniium-upgrade-and-recovery-guide.html
Yes, I'm having too much fun with this.

Here's a fun YouTube video of a guy working on a 54835A on
the workbench. His has Windows 95 as the operating system.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbKfZ4WWt4k

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0