Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Jenn Air Stovetop - Backdraft. Thermal Break?

On Friday, December 7, 2018 at 8:14:10 AM UTC-5, Linda wrote:
replying to Sterling, Linda wrote:
Could I use the jenn air without the fan when using oven?

The exhaust fan is just there to take out smoke or odors when cooking
something on the cooktop that requires it. Only use the fan here
maybe 1% of the time. If you're running it when it;s not needed,
you're just pumping heated air from inside to the outdoor.

As I stated previously, I cut out a piece of
the flexible material that you use to line drawers and put that over
the vent opening in the cooktop. It's doesn't seal perfectly, but
it's effective enough to keep most of the cold air out.