Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Type of wire to use for shielded test lead....

In article ,
says...

I am restoring a Eico VTVM model 221. The DC requires a test lead with
shielded wire and a 15M resistor in the probe. It did not come with the
leads. I have all the connectors and the resistor, but need shielded
cord. Can I just cut the ends off a guitar cable to make one?

** Probably be fine ,just cut one end off though - the 1/4 inch plug is needed !!!

I will use this meter for tube radios in the RF and IF stages, so I do
need the shield.

** DMMs don't come with shielded leads, only scopes do.

You missed the part where it is a VTVM, not a DMM.

The old VTVMs I have seen often have a shielded probe.