Joseph Meehan

Default Partition wall, concrete floor...

One other idea. I have been successful with a little glue and a tight
fit. It would depend on how that wall is going to be used if I would use
that trick.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

"William Morris" wrote in
message ...
The project is to finish off a portion of the basement to provide a clean
workarea for our tailoring biz. The exterior walls are finished, so now
it's down to the partition walls. The floor is poured concrete, uneven,
cracked, but I can work around that.

I've read that a good way to install a partition wall is to secure a 2x4

the floor, frame out the wall minus the height of the base 2x4, then lift
the framed wall up onto the base...something about being able to lever the
wall upright and still let it be short enough to clear the floor joists
above. That's fine, I got that.

My question is about securing the base 2x4 to the floor - or, if not that,
the bottom of my wall. I've seen nailers that use a .22 charge to drive a
nail into concrete, which sounds like fun. Since I don't have one of

those
or any real long-term reason to buy one, are there any other ideas?

Thanks!

--
William Morris
Tailor, Seamlyne reProductions