Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K.. Jim K.. is offline

Default Quad bikes: advice needed

newshound Wrote in message:
On 05/12/2018 20:48, Jim K.. wrote:
newshound Wrote in message:
On 05/12/2018 16:23, Jim K.. wrote:
Bill Wright Wrote in message:
I have a 2 acre garden and it's very steep in places. At the top I'm
well above the roof of the house. The path/lane/track is about 1 in 7 at
its steepest. I call it a garden but it's mostly grass field and trees.
As time goes on I'm finding it more and more tiring to get about. I've
just planted some apple trees (with sheep-proof tree guards) and I ended
up using a Transit van to convey me and materials to and fro. That's
ridiculous really. I'm wondering about getting a quad bike; most likely
second hand. Actually I'm definitely going to get one. Trouble is I
don't know anything about them. What size engine would be reasonable to
carry me and a trailer with, for instance, two or three bags of top soil
and a few tools on it? Petrol, diesel, or electric? I'm assuming it
would have to be four wheel drive.

Bill

Get a (proper) helmet & wear it.

Not much help in the typical quad bike accident though.

Rollover? Explain...

Because, unlike motorbikes for example, you are most likely to break
arms, legs, or your neck, or get driven over in these accidents.

So you wouldn't wear a helmet when riding a quad bike even on slopes?

Do you have a quad bike?
Do you have slopes?
Have you had an accident on a quad bike?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/