rb608

Default Partition wall, concrete floor...

"William Morris" wrote in
message
My question is about securing the base 2x4 to the floor - or, if not that,
the bottom of my wall. I've seen nailers that use a .22 charge to drive a
nail into concrete, which sounds like fun. Since I don't have one of

those
or any real long-term reason to buy one, are there any other ideas?

Case hardened nails will drive into the concrete, but I'd go with the powder
actuated fasteners. There is a low-end driver for these things that's not
nearly the cost of the guns (? Someting like $25 IIRC). It's basically a
straight shaft where you load one fastener into one end & wham the other
with a big hammer. Way cool; way easy; excellent results. And as you know,
if you own a tool, you'll find reasons to use it.

Joe F.