Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
shiggins shiggins is offline

Default Metric Trapezoidal Threads

On 12/5/2018 10:04 AM, Bob La Londe wrote:
I need to machine some metric trapezoidal threads.Â* Both internal and
external.

What's the best way to do that?

Is hand grinding the tools going to be my best approach?Â* I think maybe
it is since they are for making molds of two mating parts.Â* The molds
can't be of the exact thread forms or the parts won't fit together.Â* A
proper cutting tool for those threads might not produce what I need.
I'm still thinking my way through the process.

There's guy on Youtube that ground his own tools for making ACME
threads. Same thing as trapezoidal. Only different.
He has a channel.
This Old Tony.

Steve