Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default For those who 'get' the internet/networking

whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote
R D S wrote

I've 80mb fibre at my workplace, and I get almost full speed.

But it gets slower and slower over the course of several days to the
point of unusability, then I reboot the router and it's flying again.

What would cause this? Stuff beyond
my control, or is it possible it's my gear?

It's not a fancy setup, Technicolor router with a couple of PCs
plugged in and a downwind switch with a PC and a printer
plugged into that. Laptop and mobile connecting wirelessly.

What could cause a network to clag up?

Crap cables can cause problems, I've seen it before and
slightly broken or intermitant will cause errors and the
error checking increases bandwidth as it resends the data.

Doesnt explain why it works fine after a router reboot
and only sags days later.

It did when a friend of mine had a similar problem.

https://itstillworks.com/signs-ether...ght-33404.html

He scrapped the cable and it solved the problem.

Dont believe he had the same symptoms, works fine at full
speed after a router reboot but slows down over days after that.

and nowwhere did the OP say "and only sags
days later" where did you get that from.

Its what the first two paras say, ****wit,