Posted to alt.home.repair
=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= =?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= is offline

Default Do light bulb heat BTUs Equal electric heater BTUs

Ray posted for all of us...

replying to The Daring Dufas, Ray wrote:
I will have to say yes... If you have ever heard of a pit pig. Basically a
smolding pit which cooks a full pig. So if you put say firewood or another
heat generating source into say stainless steel container under your soil
where it had a hatch top it could work. As for extracting the heat from it
that is also simple wrap it in a steel pipeline with vent access to the air
away from the exhaust and air intake of the "fire". Then lay concrete around
that you should end up with a solid fixture that could easily be cleaned each
summer.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...us-617560-.htm

If you can get a hold of the Daring Dufas let us know. He has not been
around for years and we need to contact him.

--
Tekkie