Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Fine pitch trace repair

In article ,
says...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ig9h3vjze5omlie/2018-12-3%2018-11-20.jpg?dl=0

Palette inverted:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m05pikt3yexq2f6/2018-12-3%2018-11-30.jpg?dl=0

Any suggestions for mending a break on a trace like this?

Fine wire. Pre-tin it, solder to one side of the break, pull straight
and solder the other side. Make sure the track has wettable surfaces
exposed first, or course.

Yes, very fine wire. You may be able to pull a strand out of some
stranded wire that will be fine enough.

If the circuit board is solder masked (traces covered with insulating
material) scrape it off first. Apply some liquid flux to the just
cleaned trace. Good magnifying glass helps. I use a stereo microscope
when I work on boards, but doubt you want to spend around $ 200 for a
Amscope 10 and 20 X xcope.