Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey Terry Casey is offline

Default hydro electric

In article x_
,
says...

Given its not unusual to have in effect no wind due to an area of high
pressure centred over Europe that can last several days in the winter,
while the output from solar is approaching the cube root of
f all ...

Just what happened when Merkel wet her knickers just after
she'd closed all the nukes down. Large high pressure system
stationary over Germany, no wind, no solar, and temperatures
plummetted.I would imagine that all the surrounding countries
that had to come to her rescue made a tidy profit out of it.

We kept piling more coal on the fire and drove the Dutch and
French interconnects flat out, becoming a net exporter of
electricity for the first ever!

--

Terry

---