Steve

Default Washing machine drum not revolving.

(Steve) wrote in message om...
"Sparks" wrote in message ...
On xmas eve it developed a fault where it sounded like it was working
correctly, but the drum did not revolve.
It fills and drains, makes all the correct noises, but the drum does
not move.
I can move the drum easily by hand.

IF you spin the drum by hand (fast!) does it feel like it is connected to a
motor?
(Try spinning a working washer to hear what it sounds like!)

If not, then I suspect the dive belt as others have
If you do hear the motor spinning, then either the motor, motor controller,
or interconnecting cables have failed!

How old is the washer?

Pulled washing machine out, and there on the floor was the belt in
good condition, so put it back on and the wife has been busy all day.
She was nagging me to go out to the sales and get a new one.

Steve..
Sparks...

The machine is about 5 years old.

If I spin the drum by hand, it is very easy to spin. Feels like it is
totally free running, so I suspect the belt theory is the right one. I
will get it out and have a look tomorrow.

When it is powered up and put through a cycle it does sound as if the
motor is spinning away,(albeit very quietly).

Thanks to all. Happy new year to you and my washing machine,

Steve......