Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default hydro electric

On 04/12/2018 12:12, Roger Hayter wrote:
John Rumm wrote:

On 03/12/2018 18:52, Andy Burns wrote:
RJH wrote:

John Rumm wrote:

Dinorwig 1.73GW Foyers 305 MW
Ffestiniog 360MW Cruachan 440MW

with a load of 40GW (see my earlier calculation) would keep the
lights on in the UK for just....wait for it....40 minutes

Not 'nothing' IOW

Together they may be able to supply 27GWh of energy, but can only supply
2.8GW of power, so couldn't keep the lights on, you'd have a burnt-out
electric mountain if it tried to supply the 45GW of demand that exists
right now.

Indeed, I was not suggesting that this was a national scale storage
solution. Mearley highlighting that Dinorwig gets all the recognition,
there are other players.

Dinorwig is at least pretty, in a satanic mills sort of way.

Cruachan has a beautiful setting.

Ffestiniog is plain ugly. Dinorwig in between

--
"What do you think about Gay Marriage?"
"I don't."