Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Hooray! Fixed!

In article ,
says...
whenever a parameter is changed, and the machine now works great.
All I did was change a 0 back to a 1. I wonder how the damn
parameter changed in the first place?
Anyway, I am really happy now. Really happy. I mean REALLY HAPPY!
Eric

Where I worked we had hundreds of devices that had microprocessors in
them. For no reason we could tell every once and a while one might do
something strange and would have to be reset. This may only happen once
a year or so.

When memory chips first came out, it was said that the coverings of them
might emit an alpha partical and flip a bit.