Posted to uk.d-i-y
F[_2_] F[_2_] is offline

Default For those who 'get' the internet/networking

On 03/12/2018 15:47, R D S wrote:
I've 80mb fibre at my workplace, and I get almost full speed.

But it gets slower and slower over the course of several days to the
point of unusability, then I reboot the router and it's flying again.

What would cause this? Stuff beyond my control, or is it possible it's
my gear?

It's not a fancy setup, Technicolor router with a couple of PCs plugged
in and a downwind switch with a PC and a printer plugged into that.
Laptop and mobile connecting wirelessly.

What could cause a network to clag up?

Not sure of your problem, but I think the Technicolor is fairly basic so
may be something to do with it. I've had a Fritz!box 3390 on fibre for
the last four years and it hasn't missed a beat.