Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Solved -- Nook Simple Touch screen not working

On Sun, 2 Dec 2018, The Real Bev wrote:

Everything worked, but the screen was unresponsive. For once, I googled
before asking. The problem is crud between the screen and the frame.
Carefully drag the corner of a piece of ordinary paper under the edge all the
way around. Yeah, I was suspicious too, but it worked!

That's interesting, I wonder what other devices might suffer in the same
way?

I got a TomTom One GPS for ten dollars at a rummage sale, and the touch
aspect seemed flakey initially, but after charging and some use, all seems
fine. I got a PDA last year, and the touch screen (you needed a stylus)
seems unrepsonsive, I was wondering what might be involved, not that it
really matters, it was a few dollars and I have no real use for one.

Michael