Posted to uk.d-i-y
Theo[_3_] Theo[_3_] is offline

Default For those who 'get' the internet/networking

R D S wrote:
I've 80mb fibre at my workplace, and I get almost full speed.

But it gets slower and slower over the course of several days to the
point of unusability, then I reboot the router and it's flying again.

What would cause this? Stuff beyond my control, or is it possible it's
my gear?

Can you get any stats out of the router? It could be it's running out of
memory doing routing, and then dropping stuff because it's under too much
load. ISP routers tend to have pathetic CPUs that can't cope up with lots
of packets flying around.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2016...ur-own-router/

Theo