Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Leaky oil-filled electric radiator. Dangerous?

Geo wrote:
On Sat, 01 Dec 2018 15:14:07 GMT, Ukjb
m wrote:

replying to Tabby, Ukjb wrote:

lots of stuff of no use to an 8 year old thread

followed by:-
"for full context, visit
https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...us-662654-.htm
"

When I go to that horrible website the date of the last post in the
USENET thread is quite clearly visible in the top righthand corner :-

"posted on October 19, 2010, 9:19 pm"

Why do people have so much trouble seeing it?

I think HOH invites people to answer questions on the home page (and
probably other places too) where the date isnt at all obvious or even
present. Its only when the link for context is generated that the date
becomes obvious. Look at this example.

https://www.homeownershub.com/answer...-digistat-4121

I cant see a date anywhere. I doubt its a new post though.

Such is the brilliance of the HOH interface, replies are all sorted by date
of first post, not the most recent answer so respondents using HOH not only
reply to ancient posts, they probably never see any replies to their
messages either unless they start a new thread, which they seem loath to
do.

HOH is about generating traffic to increase advertising revenue. Its not
designed to €śwork€ť.

Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls