Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

Default Looking for Ways to Reduce Electricity Usage (Possibly Solar Cells)

FWIW, If your studio is drawing half of the $200 bill, it's using $100
worth of electricity. If you are using the gear 160 hours a month,
that's about $0.63 an hour for power.

Are you charging enough in your business for your time?

Conservation efforts can be noble on other levels, but from the money
angle, is this worth your time and effort?

Barry

Not a business, really. Though I have done quite a few videos for my wife's
non-profit cultural dance organization, and a few small projects for some
outside clients. Mostly, over 95%, this is an intense hobby interest in
which I have invest $180,000 in software and hardware over the years. I'm
just growing concerned about the rapidly rising electric rates, as I hate
monthly drains that add up over time. If I can find a means to power even
one piece of equipment and then another, over time, from alternative
sources, then I'd consider those steps in the right direction. Money thrown
away on electricity is money I can't use to further my software and hardware
needs, which seem endless... :-)

--
Take care,

Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

VIDEO PRODUCTION . FILM SCANNING . AUDIO RESTORATION
Hear my Kurzweil Creations at: http://www.dv-clips.com/theater.htm
Business sites at:
www.dv-clips.com
www.mwcomms.com