Posted to uk.d-i-y
Thomas Prufer Thomas Prufer is offline

Default Mad question about electric clock

On Fri, 30 Nov 2018 16:16:40 +0000, Scott wrote:

There is a radio controlled clock at my former workplace. As I
installed it, I am still getting the blame that it is not working.
I'll check the battery voltage but it does seem to me that the battery
life is disappointing. Should I fit a lithium primary cell?

Is it feasible to fit a larger battery, in a separate holder? I.e. a C or D
cell, holder, two bits of wire, spot of hot-melt?

I would also suggest you turn up with some bizarre tool to fix it. Angle
grinder, chicken bones tied to a stick, grease gun, ... just to keep up your
reputation.

Thomas Prufer