Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mad question about electric clock

On 30/11/2018 17:14, Scott wrote:
On Fri, 30 Nov 2018 08:31:04 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave
wrote:

On Friday, 30 November 2018 16:16:48 UTC, Scott wrote:
There is a radio controlled clock at my former workplace. As I
installed it, I am still getting the blame that it is not working.
I'll check the battery voltage but it does seem to me that the battery
life is disappointing. Should I fit a lithium primary cell?

It depends on what's meant by not working the make/model of clock and the battery installed, how long the radio is on for and perhaps a few other things.
Difficult Q without any tech details.

Maybe my posting was not clear enough.

If so your clarification si mudlike in its cogency.

There is no radio involved as such.

Mkay...

It is a *radio* controlled clock,

Er what? with no radio involved?

receiving 60kHz signal from
Anthorn: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_from_NPL

The Time from NPL is a *radio* signal broadcast from the Anthorn Radio
Station near Anthorn, Cumbria, which serves as the United Kingdom's
national time reference....

The clock is 12 inch analogue display purchased from Argos, similar to
this: https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7378261

It is fitted with a Duracell AA battery and the lifetime is not as
long as I would expect. Sometimes when you change the battery you
have to leave the clock overnight for it to pick up the signal. This
mystifies my colleagues and they think I'm the only person who can fix
the clock! I wondered if I fitted a lithium primary cell, would this
last longer?

twenty-first centurys developed world went into hysterical panic over a
globally average temperature increase of a few tenths of a degree, and,
on the basis of gross exaggerations of highly uncertain computer
projections combined into implausible chains of inference, proceeded to
contemplate a rollback of the industrial age.

Richard Lindzen