Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] angelicapaganelli@yahoo.com is offline

Default Red Christmas Trees in Whitehouse

On Friday, November 30, 2018 at 1:28:53 PM UTC-5, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

I don't object necessarily to the color, but to put such
modern decorations in a fine old house like that is discordant.

Why doesn't the White House just have decorations that are used
every year, and make it a function of the permanent staff who
take care of the White House itself?

I would say because it is the house where the President and family stay
that is up to the taste of them as how to decorate . Would you like
someone to dictate how to decorate your house for the holidays ?

No, but I'm not dumb enough to run for public office. It's
The People's House, not The Trump's House.

I'm ok with them decorating the East Wing, within reason. Leave the
public spaces to the permanent staff.

The entire affair reminds me of the film Beetlejuice.

Cindy Hamilton