Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Neo-Angle Shower Enclosu Caulk Inside or Not?

On Thu, 29 Nov 2018 17:49:13 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I am doing a recaulk job right now. When I removed the caulk from the inside of the shower where the metal door casing sits on the base of the entry water came flowing out. Btw, all the mold was inside surface of the caulk, not on the outside surface.

So my conclusion is that water gets inside the metal casing in ways we don't see. I am NOT going to caulk the inside at that spot so that the water can flow out freely.

IIRC when I installed my daughter's acrylic shower the instructions
expressly said do NOT seal the surround to the pan at the bottom - for
that very reason. The external panel needed to be seeled - - -