Posted to alt.home.repair
danny burstein danny burstein is offline

Default water faucets, was: Electric outlets

In Ralph Mowery writes:

That got me to thinking about the water at sinks. As far as I know
unless the plumbers made a mistake all the hot water is on the left and
cold is on the right. Is there a code for this, or has it just become
a standard by everyone wanting or expecing it to be done this way ?

youngsters, ptfui.

Back in the good old daize when indoor plumbing first
came to this country, it was only cold water. So with
all Right Thinking People being right handed, the
faucet was on... the right (as you faced the sink).

Later on, as first the rich folk and, bit by bit,
the Vast Unwashed Masses got hot water, it was,
natch, on the left...