Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] bje@ripco.com is offline

Default Repair knob shaft, yellow stirplate hot plate Thermo SP131325 Cimarec

William Beaty wrote:

But Thermo no longer sells the replacement pot assembly! The pots
themselves aren't sold anywhere either. It's an OEM part from CTS
Electrocomponents, with a big plastic spacer and extra-long shaft. And
power switch.

That doesn't surprise me, CTS used to sell a universal line of pots which
were like a do-it-yourself construction.

You ordered the pot body (ohms, linear/taper, spade or eyelet) then selected
the shaft (metal/plastic, stub or up to 6/7 inches).

Some of the options were two bodies could click together making a dual one,
then they had a shaft (split or half-moon) that fit both straight through
and or a hollow one for the front and a solid thin one to the rear.

Some could even mount a power switch on the back, turn to click on or
push-pull.

It was a clever design but really made for repairs rather than production
but I could see in small enough quantities it might of been cheaper than
ordering custom built ones.

It was all snap and click, no screwing around with e or c-clips.

-bruce