Rileyesi

Default Garbage disposal

We don't use our disposal, but I used to put ice cubes down it monthly just
maintain it. Well, unfortunately, I have forgotten to do that for a few
months
& it has stopped working. What do I do now? When I turn the faucet on &
flip
the switch, nothing happens.

If it is humming and not running, then the blades are stuck. On the outside
bottom of the unit, there should be a hex shapped socket that you can turn
using a socket wrench. Do this back and forth until the blade turn free. It
that does not work, try reaching your hand into the unit and feel around to see
if you can find the obstruction (I once found a pop bottle cap was sedged in
the blades). If that does not work, try turning the blade with something
larger. I used a broom handle once.

If there is no humming when you flip the switch, then it is either an
electrical problem or the unit might be shot.