Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default EICR , smoke alarms and rented flats

On 23/11/2018 14:27, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Thu, 22 Nov 2018 21:45:22 +0000, Tim Watts wrote:

I don't know how much smoke detectors have changed, but my five

never
have false alarms. I have to go around testing them intentionally.

Likewise, though I just put my ear defenders on (they are painfully
lound) and press the test switch on the Locate/Test/Silence switch
box and walk around rather than poking each one with a stick.

Or perhaps my cooking's got better.

The only thing that sets mine off is plumbing soldering. Or very
occasionally if I griddle-pan chargrill several chicken breasts and
forget to open a door for the duration.

Hum, kitchen ones ought to the "rate of rise" rather than "smoke"
detectors.

Domestic kitchens would normally be fixed temperature heat detectors and
not smoke alarms or rate of rise heat detectors.

--
Adam