Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default EICR , smoke alarms and rented flats

On 22/11/2018 21:45, Tim Watts wrote:
On 22/11/18 21:37, wrote:
On Thursday, 22 November 2018 19:14:09 UTC, ARWÂ* wrote:
I am doing an EICR on a block of 38 rented flats all owned by the same
company. One and two bed flats with just a single mains powered smoke in
the hallway (as per regs when they were built in 1994)

I don't know how much smoke detectors have changed, but my five never
have false alarms. I have to go around testing them intentionally.

Or perhaps my cooking's got better.

Owain

The only thing that sets mine off is plumbing soldering. Or very

Yup same here...

and all 4 are interlinked. Fortunately I fitted a mute/test/identify
switch next to the CU, so I now have people programmed to mute them when
I am plumbing! (it keeps them muted for about 10 mins as well)

--
Cheers,

John.

http://www.internode.co.uk |