Corey872

Default Finishing exterior basement wall

Greetings,

Soon I will be starting some finish work in my basement. I have one
exterior wall (poured concrete) and I would really like to finish the
wall (on the inside) in brick. I would also like to use some type of
rigid foam insulation between the brick and the concrete.

My thought is that since the wall is already furred with 2x2's, I
could use 1-1/2" rigid foam which would be flush with the furring.
Then when the brick goes up, I can attach the masonry hangers/ties to
the furring. Does this sound acceptable. Also would I need a vapor
barrier between the brick and the foam?

Thanks,

Corey