Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Rob[_40_] Rob[_40_] is offline

Default Cell phone signal booster

Albert Hodge wrote:
I've never heard or read anything about needing a permit or license to operate a booster.

That doesn't really matter, does it?
At least over here, "everyone is supposed to know the law", i.e. when doing
something against the law you cannot use the defense "I've never heard or
read about that not being allowed".

There is only cell phone internet here so that m cell wouldn't work for my setup. There are some good deals on used ones on ebay.

Such a device needs cooperation from the provider.
Before you buy one, first make sure that the provider still allows you
to register it on their network and use it.

The reason those devices are not very popular is that you have to furnish
your own internet connection, then you can make calls via the picocell
using your own bandwidth, but you still pay the normal call tariffs on
your mobile calls. So in fact you are paying twice, or at least you
are paying to mobile provider to make calls over your own network.

That does not land very well, usually.