Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Albert Hodge Albert Hodge is offline

Default Cell phone signal booster

wrote:
On Wednesday, November 21, 2018 at 8:29:09 AM UTC-5, Rob wrote:
Albert Hodge wrote:
Has anyone used a cell phone signal booster, and would like to share their experience?

Their experience in jail, you mean?
Or their experience working to pay the hefty fine they got?

We're out in the sticks in a town that is itself in the sticks, so our cell reception is sketchy at best. My son installed an "M-Cell" which is sold by AT&T and connects to our cable wifi. Works great anywhere inside the house, not so much outside though. Without the M-Cell, we'd have to go on the front porch to use the cells.

My outside reception is sometimes good, sometimes bad, depending if you stand in the right place, or walk around.

In the house, I can hang the phone in a window where it gets two bars, then create a wireless hot spot, and use another phone and tablet connected to the hotspot, using VOIP apps to make calls. It works pretty good but I'd like better reception in the house for the cellular network.

I've never heard or read anything about needing a permit or license to operate a booster.

There is only cell phone internet here so that m cell wouldn't work for my setup. There are some good deals on used ones on ebay.