Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] jjhudak4@gmail.com is offline

Default Cell phone signal booster

On Wednesday, November 21, 2018 at 8:29:09 AM UTC-5, Rob wrote:
Albert Hodge wrote:
Has anyone used a cell phone signal booster, and would like to share their experience?

Their experience in jail, you mean?
Or their experience working to pay the hefty fine they got?

What laws would be broken if one used a repeater? AFAIK, it is not illegal to use a signal booster/repeater. IIRC, they need to be registered with the cell phone company and the devices need to be FCC certified. I doubt the stuff from China is certified. The OP should probably check into this.

I have no user experience with any of the repeaters.

According to the ATT website, they no longer sell the M-cell repeaters. Instead, they suggest enabling 'wifi calling' on the cell and configure the att internet service to accommodate wifi calling.