LFR

Default Need advice on home inspection

To the person looking for a home inspector...try getting some
recommendations. Another thing I would recommend is a home warranty. I had
never heard of one until I moved to Virginia but it sure came in handy. The
heat exchanger on my gas furnace crapped out on me and my home warranty
covered the installation of a new gas furnace.

Regarding the home inspection...the major components they should be
inspecting are Heating, Electrical, Air conditioning (difficult in winter)
and Plumbing. I agree with the person who mentioned the roof should be
assessed from on the roof, not from below on the ground. In Virginia,
termite & moisture inspection is done separately from home inspection.

There is a solution!"

http://mail.spaminspector.com

"DaveG" wrote in message

"J. Cameron Davis" wrote in message
I'm in the process of purchasing a home, and I need to have it

inspected.
What should I be sure the inspector checks so that the in inspection is

very
thorough? Thanks.

Good luck to you. A friend just purchased a 25 year home. In the one

month
since their closing, they've had to replace the furnace (Cracked heat
exchanger). God knows if the a/c works or not, since it's the middle of
winter here. She also said it appears as though the water softner hasn't
been powered up in years, with a sludge filled brine tank, and judging

from
her descriptions, the water heater is on it's way out.
During the installation of her new furnace, the installers had to call in

an
electrician to come in later and finish the wiring, for some reason I

still
don't quite understand, but is possibly related to a hack job electrical
modification, and when the same installers were hooking up her

humidifier,
they disocvered that the main water shutoffs won't hold water back.
All of this in the first month, and none of it caught by the inspector.
Dave