Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Maybe I need another 'scope?

On Tue, 20 Nov 2018 14:25:38 -0500, Phil Hobbs
wrote:

On 11/20/18 11:52 AM, wrote:
On Tue, 20 Nov 2018 02:03:08 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

On Tuesday, 20 November 2018 06:18:38 UTC, Phil Hobbs wrote:
On 11/19/18 7:01 PM,
wrote:
Hey all youse 'scope gurus,

Anyway, do I need a different 'scope to to measure accurately what
is going on inside vacuum tube equipment?

no

If you all think another 'scope should be in my future I would love
some advice. Since this is a hobby I don't wanna spend a lot of money
on yet another toy, er tool. So a used 'scope is fine with me. I love
my used TEK 465B.

Everybody should have another scope now and again. I have 11 at the
moment, which is none too many.

(On average I pay about 3 cents on the dollar, which makes new scopes an
easier sell.)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

If you're going to get one you don't need, consider making it a pocket scope. Quite handy, even with modest specs.

NT

I have been looking at some on eBay. Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Eric

My next one might be something with serial decode.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

What does serial decode do?
Thanks,