Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Phil Hobbs Phil Hobbs is offline

Default Maybe I need another 'scope?

On 11/20/18 10:02 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

Maybe it's time to make some new tube testers.

While we're here, an iso won't help if you connect an earthed scope to the thing. It will bite you if you touch, and that's how HT is.

It is usually easier to just pop in a good tube instead of testing
unless looking for a matched set.

I have bought a $ 300 Hantek scope. It is suppose to be good to 200 MHz
and rated for 600 volts peak. Good thing about it, you can set the
screen up for waveform and digital volt meter. YOu see the waveform and
good resolution of voltage at the same time.

Sometimes it may be better or easier to just isolate the test equipment
from the ground and not the unit under test. I don't know how much the
solid scope draws without going to check, but it could probalby be