Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Maybe I need another 'scope?

On Mon, 19 Nov 2018 23:02:22 -0500, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Most tube amps are serviced in our shop with a digital voltmeter...not a
scope. Really all that you need to know are correct are the plate and
cathode voltages, and if they are off then you check the screen and
grids for proper bias - after testing the tubes for proper operation.

I agree. Forget about the scope if you want to just measure voltages.
I have the same scope and would never try to make accurate voltage
measurments with it.

You can always get a 100 to 1 probe. However, you can get one of the
'free' Harbor Freight meters and do better for what you want.

For just DC measurments you can just make your own 100:1 voltage
devider.

Thanks Ralph.
Eric