Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

Default Looking for Ways to Reduce Electricity Usage (Possibly Solar Cells)

Hi,
Considered geothermal energy source under your house? Need to drill
holes deep down.
Tony

I had briefly looked into a 'system' proposed by a fellow named Dennis Lee,
who purported to have a 'free energy' system that used geothermal energy in
conjunction with freeon flowing through coils to generate turbine movement
and hence operate a generator. He claimed to offer free installations for a
limited time of these units.
I also read that he was arrested for fraud.
I watched a video that his people produced, and although some of the
'theory' looked almost plausible, the guy didn't strike me as an inventor,
but more of a marketeer/shyster.
Right now, I expect to find solar cells and wind power to be closest to
realistic, unless there have been significant advances in other technologies
that I'm not current on.

But during these ultra-cold winter nights, I wish I could block the cold air
from flowing down the chimney and into my furnace and hot water heater and
cooling them down prematurely. I read that as much as 20% of the
steady-state operating heat goes up the chimney in modern furnaces. That's
significant. A lot more has to be recovered after the furnace has been off
for a while. Ours comes on about every 2 hours on very cold nights, so in
that time, most of the boiler energy has gone up the chimney and it has to
heat up from almost cold. An automatic stack damper would be a big help
there.

--
Take care,

Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

VIDEO PRODUCTION . FILM SCANNING . AUDIO RESTORATION
Hear my Kurzweil Creations at: http://www.dv-clips.com/theater.htm
Business sites at:
www.dv-clips.com
www.mwcomms.com