Othello1939

Default Replacement Windows: Advice

A acquaintance in the northeast of the USA, it contemplating replacement
windows in her 40+ year old home. She is tempted by the many advertisements
she reads, and I'm looking at them with a jaundiced eye. Can anyone out
there care to provide some personal-experience advice on this subject?
There are so many terms, i.e., vinyl, wood that is clad in vinyl, same for
aluminum (I think) - "E" glass, double paned glass, etc. How does one
quickly separate the wheat from all the chaff on this subject? The area of
the residence is NW New Jersey.

Thank you very much for any helpful information that may come of this query.

Gary

reply to (I think you can see what does
not belong).