Posted to alt.home.repair

Default California fires?

On 11/17/2018 8:37 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 11/17/18 6:42 AM, Wade Garrett wrote:
On 11/17/18 7:30 AM, Frank wrote:
On 11/17/2018 2:12 AM, Bod wrote:
Why is it being called a "camp fire"?

They name the fires for the location that they started.

I'm surprised The Weather Channel hasn't started naming them
alphabetically like they're doing now for winter storms. How stupid is
that?

Â*Â*Â* Naming winter storms seems silly in the first place.Â* They probably
worry
about the names being sexist, racist,Â* ............ist too.
Â*Â* Blizzards happen fairly often.Â* Why do common things like that need
names?
Are we that starved for attention or the need to feel special?

I just was something this morning Yes, using people names are considered
sexist by some. One suggestion is to use plants and animals.

Why do you object to names? Maybe not every store, just major ones
should be named. Would storm 1387 be remember as much as storm 1452?
But we do remember particular storms that inflicted a lot of damage even
decades later. I was a kid and went through Hurricane Hazel, I recall
the power outage from Gloria, etc.

When two or three storms are moving it also helps to tell them apart.