Jim Elbrecht

Default Looking for Ways to Reduce Electricity Usage (Possibly Solar Cells)

(Bruce) wrote:

-snip-
I don't think it should, but it is. You are not allowed to compete with
the utilities. That may have changed since deregulation, but I don't think
so. Secondarily, for pollution, noise and safety.

TWIAVBP -- Where do you live? In NY, we not only *can* make
electricity, the power company has to buy it from us if we have extra.
[I'm pretty sure it's been that way for at least 25 years.]

See
http://www.akeena.net/solar_energy_b...omepageny.html for
one way it is possible. [not necessarily a good idea-- just
possible.]

Jim