Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Porch railing

On 11/14/2018 8:02 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 14 Nov 2018 10:57:47 -0600, dpb wrote:

The whole thing can sag; it would need at least one intermediate support
over the 6-ft span from what I've observed in town here. If weather not
so extreme as SW KS and the like, "maybe" it'd be ok.

I live in NW GA (Atlanta), so the maximum temperature isn't likely
worse that what you see. Just more days above ~90F (and more humidity,
which is irrelevant in this case).

Not even close -- data I just looked up showed Atlanta mean at 30
days/yr, we were 73.

Extreme temp's not even close, either, either high or low.

That's pretty benign, comparatively, other than the humidity that's a
killer (spent almost 30 yr in Oak Ridge, TN which is closer albeit
somewhat colder as comparison to Atlanta. The humid-a-dee-doo I never
did adjust to...