Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Panasonic DVD Recorder model DMR-ES20 Problem

On Thu, 15 Nov 2018, wrote:

Hi,

I have a Panasonic DVD recorder issue. When you plug it in (AC outlet),
the rolling "ooooooo" (initializing/recovery) never ends. I can force it to
go into standby by holding the Power button (on front panel) for 10 seconds.
Now there is a flashing "12:00 AM". Next, I press the power button on unit
or remote, and a "Hello" appears. Normally, the "Hello" appears for a few
seconds, then goes away. Now, "Hello" stays on for hours. I did not wait to
see how many hours. Note: If I hold the power button for 10 seconds on the
unit, the display changes back to the flashing "12:00 AM". However, I still
can NOT use this recorder.

You asked about this back in July, got a bunch of answers. I can't
remember if you ever posted again in that thread, but if ever there was a
time to resurrect a thread, it is when you started it and have a followup.

I think you got decent answers back then, yet you post like you've never
been here before. And the people most likely to announce their capability
are often the ones who aren't, they just assume they'll get a better
answer if they claim to be a "service tech" or some "authority".

Your post suggests otherwise, and you don't seem that capable if you
insist on replies only from people who have experienced the exact same
thing.

Michael