Posted to sci.electronics.repair
olaf[_2_] olaf[_2_] is offline

Default Panasonic DVD Recorder model DMR-ES20 Problem

John-Del wrote:

How? If you're going on that it's outputting voltage, that only

proves the power supply is not dead, but that's not enough. I've
seen these sag and recover so quickly that you won't see it on a
DMM.

But I think I would see it with my 200Mhz HMO2022. .-)

I repaired several of these Panasonic recorders with a cranky smps or
buck converters that refused to complete the boot.

I agree, if someone would told me anything like this my first thought
would be the power supply, too. But I checked it VERY carefully.

But sometimes, only sometimes it is not the power supply...

Olaf